There is a reason why some saddle this time of year with that moniker. Few things are more frustrating than climbing into a cold, snow-covered car or truck in the Kansas City area only to hear the dreaded “click-click" of a dead battery. It happens to the best of us. But why does a car battery's life seem to end more frequently in winter?
Here are some signs of a failing battery –
1. The headlights start to look yellow instead of white.
2. The dome light inside your car begins to dim.
3. The engine cranks more slowly.
4. You smell something akin to rotten eggs.
5. Your dashboard warning light is on…that’s what it’s there for.
If you own your vehicle long enough your battery will fail…usually more than once in your car’s lifetime. Kansas City winters are cold…period. Let the A-Team check your battery and make recommendations if it has not been checked for more than 6 months. The A-Team is found at Able Auto Service located at 837 Osage Ave. in Kansas City KS. Call (913) 321-1030.