This time of year we dread getting into our sub-arctic vehicles. Your poor car can be effected by the cold even quicker than you. As the temperature drops below freezing and nearing zero the problems that your vehicle may face continue to mount. Here, for example are five things that cold weather can do to your car.
1. Your battery can die in cold weather. Don’t procrastinate! Drive in while you still can and have it tested.
2. Fluids within your car will thicken. Transmission fluid is the big one to be aware of.
3. Keep your tires inflated. Cold air takes quite a toll on air pressure.
4. Your wipers and washer solvent may fail just when you need them the most.
5. Spark plugs go haywire much quicker in colder weather.
All of these things and many more are preventable with proper maintenance. Don’t wait until old man winter strands you in the middle of nowhere. Call Able Auto Service to have your vehicle checked for potential winter problems. It isn’t going to get warmer in the Kansas City area any time soon. Call Able at (877) 716-0776 and make an appointment to visit their shop at 837 Osage Ave. in Kansas City KS.